Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Leon Joseph Allen Is Here!



Leon Joseph Allen was born Febuary 1st, 2009 at 1:29 pm
weighing in at 7lbs 9 oz and measuring 20 inches long.

Quick and to the point (because I just got home from the hospital and am exhausted): I went in on Sunday to be induced. Everything was going really well until my contractions started getting pretty strong. As they monitored my contractions and Leon's heart rate, they found that his heart rate was going very low after every contraction. After about an hour of this, it just got worse so the doctor decided to do an emergency c-section. It was a good thing she did too because it turned out that his ambilical cord was wrapped around his little neck. We're all doing very well now. I'm healing up pretty well, although I'm very sore and tired. Kyle is being so so helpful and is an amazing father. I always knew he would be.

Leo is melting our hearts every second that he is here. He is so sweet. He is also a very good (and impressive, according to the lacation nurse) eater. We can't get enough of him.

I'll be posting more photos and hopefully the whole story tomorrow. I just wanted to give you guys a little something while you waited.

I wish there were words to describe how much I am love this little guy. I never could have imagined. I'm ABOLUTELY in love with him.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am glad he is finally hear! He is adorable!! Glad to hear you are feeling ok and that everyone is healthy!

nicole said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you three, Kelly. I too had an umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, and it does make you really grateful for modern medicine. Way to have a handsome baby! =)

Jana said...

congrats! he is quite handsome!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! I know that you two will be amazing parents! And I am sorry about your c-section, but the most important thing is that he arrived here safely. Really, he is too cute!!

Kristen McG said...

Congrats, Kelly. He's beautiful! Well, handsome, I suppose- haha. Either way, he's precious. Enjoy every moment with him. :)

Becca Christensen said...

He's beautiful Kel. I'm so glad that everything turned out ok, and I'm sorry for the drama along the way. But your little boy is precious. I hope I get to meet him sometime soon. I'm so proud of you, and happy for you. Congrats!